Well, it's my birthday. Today I am 28. I don't really feel older than I did at 27. I guess that right now it's more the anticipation of turning 30 that has me feeling older than anything else. Not that 30 is necessarily old mind you... It's just one of those intangible things I guess. Please don't be offended you over 30's it's all relative.
So far I have had a nice birthday. I've received many happy phone calls from kind people who love me. It was our first day back at school and everyone sang Happy Birthday. Between classes some friends took me out for coffee and after class some other friends took me to lunch at my favorite sandwich place Dean and Deluca. It's a good place for sandwiches and SO MUCH MORE. Delicious! If you've never been, I highly recommend it.
Later on, my roomies have something sinister planned. I don't actually know what it is, but during their planning meeting I heard a lot of evil cackling. I'm pretty sure it involves some strange clothes and public humiliation of some kind. So, it should be fun. Pictures to follow. :)
I have to say I do so miss California birthdays. Until I moved out here to the middle (of the country) my birthday standard had always been the beach bonfire. It's tough being land-locked, but here's a couple of pictures of one of my favorite birthday spots, Salt Creek.
1 comment:
Aw sweets...it sure would have been lovely to have you here for your birthday...I believe this was time with Papa Jac at Salt Creek? They are still chatting about how much fun they had with you at Freddy's!
Love you mucho...Mama J
Post a Comment