Thursday, August 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Sucker!


I had a great birthday.
Being sung to and taken out for coffee

lunch

and ice cream

were wonderful, but later that night.... I got home from work still in my towel and swimsuit from teaching swimming lessons and my roommates and a few friends

blindfolded me and dragged me into the backyard. They pulled the blind fold off and told me to read the words at my feet... That's right "Happy Birthday Sucker!"

I read this aloud and as I realized I was standing on a freshly painted target, I instantly felt the sting of a water balloon missile. Right next to me was a laundry basket overflowing with ammo and all around me were six friends strategically positioned throughout the yard ready for war! It was amazing. I have to say that I felt quite victorious when all was said and done. I mean, I took some hits, but I let them have it! Sadly, I have no pictures of the actual fight since, you know, there was a lot of water involved. After we went in and dried off, we had birthday cake and played games till about 1 or 2 am.
The b-day shenanigans didn't end there though. The following Sunday Katerina and Dustin threw me a party at their house with many other dear friends. Dustin bbq'ed venison burgers for everyone. We just relaxed and hung out together. Some friends from California were passing through and were able to make it too! Also, Kurt sang "I'm A Little Teapot". I had such a fantastic time.

What a blessing to have loving friends who take the time to celebrate with me. Thanks to everyone who was with me and all those who sent birthday wishes from far away, for making my day special!

2 comments:

Jocelynalice said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on my birthday i wish Kurto could sing I'm a little tea pot. that's too funny! i wish i could have been there with you!

Vanessa said...

Heehee!! He didn't really sing I'm a little teapot! I just thought that picture looked like that's what he was doing.
I miss you so much. My b-day wasn't complete without you.
Hope the little tummy pilot is doing well.
Love to you and Sammy!